Friday, June 18, 2010

If blogging is gooey, chocolatey goodness...

then awards are the icing on the cake. With a cherry on top.

Today I must detour from my regular scheduled programming to thank Jessica of Adventures with Three Girls (wonder what that's like!) for presenting me with this:


Photobucket


According to Jessica's blog, before I'm allowed to officially accept this award (and I do so love accepting awards), I have to tell all of you seven things you may not know about me. Which is a challenge, isn't it, because I'm a bit of an open book. I blab here about everything from my furthest-reaching goals to my biggest fears to my lowest parenting lows (in fact, I have not one, but three tags dedicated to my worst moments), which begs the question: what's left? It's all just too much of a (good?) thing, with all of you rubber-necking left and right around this car wreck of my life, but I'll do my best.


Seven Things You May Not Know About Me (but probably do):


1. The most embarrassing thing to happen to me was not this. In fact, this doesn't even make it into my top five. Something to look forward to.
2. I married my high school sweetheart. So you see, it can work out. Once in a blue moon, probably, but still.
3. This is mine. I published it in 1986. It was a really cool experience for a nine-year-old girl, but note to all you youngsters out there: don't peak too early. It's not good for the soul.
4. I've been a vegetarian since 1996. In the 15 years since, I've only tasted meat once: when I went AWOL with a KFC chicken sandwich when pregnant. Still not sure how that happened, but I'm pretty sure (but not entirely sure) I didn't dream it.
5. Sometimes, I pretend I don't hear the kids watching iCarly, just because I'm too lazy to go turn it off.
6. I love where I live, but my heart belongs in the Sierra Nevada, and I'm forever grateful to my parents for having the wisdom to raise me there.
7. Going on a run is my solution for just about any ailment, from PMS to sleep deprivation to stress. Kind of like Windex was for that dad on My Big Fat Greek Wedding. Wow...haven't thought about that movie in a long time. Did that woman disappear under a rock or something?
blog comments powered by Disqus