Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Open Letter To...Tuesday







Open Letter to Summit Entertainment,

I heard a rumor that Twilight’s (sorry, the Twilight Saga‘s) Breaking Dawn will start filming in late 2010, which schedules the second of the two installments to hit theaters in late 2012.

I’ve got to admit: I’m not feeling too comfortable with this. Did it not occur to anyone else that according to the Mayans, the world is ending in 2012? Now, I’m not saying I believe this, per se, but that doesn’t mean I’m prepared to risk it.

What if I’m busy surviving tsunamis/ascending to heaven/being left behind/insert-the-most-likely-outcome-here and I miss it? I can’t be having that.

I can’t die before watching a grown wolf-man fall in love with a half-vampire baby on the big screen. It’s on my bucket list.

That said, pairing Breaking Dawn with the possible apocalypse is pretty fitting. Way to do it up big, Summit Dudes Who Decide Things! As I’ve always said: work with the ridiculousness that is Twilight. Don’t fight it.

Lord knows I'm not.

(Psst! Come visit me today over at Five Minutes for Going Green, where I'm outting myself as a horrible mother for forcing my children to ride the stinky school bus!)
blog comments powered by Disqus