Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Mostly Likely to be Living in Sweatpants 15 Years from Now






If you have your own Open Letter you're itching to write, snag the button above and attach it to your own post!


Open Letter to the woman I ran into from high school:

I want a do-over.

Because what sick version of Murphy’s Law dictates that whenever I happen upon someone I haven’t seen in a decade or more, I’ll be wearing my ‘fat’ pants, absolutely no make-up, and my hair in a pony tail? Oh yeah, and I’ll be dragging a limp preschooler by the arm, his face smeared with chocolate. And I’ll be attractively yelling at yet another child, who is whipping a karate staff around like a baton.

Excellent.

And I wasn’t able to simply duck my head and avoid you at all costs like any rational person would do, because I was paying so little attention to my surroundings, you had to call my name three times before I even turned around.

Forget you saw me. Give me another chance. I promise that if you do, I’ll be dressed like an adult, coherent enough to mumble something other than ‘huh?’ when you approach me, and perhaps appear to be more than a shell of my former self. Perhaps.

I’ll even wipe my kid’s face.

Sincerely,

That girl you thought was so cool in high school*

*that would be sarcasm
blog comments powered by Disqus