Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Open Letter To...Tuesday

Open letter to my neighbor, who I am 99.99% sure does not read this blog, which is a pity, because she really is the best kind of neighbor to have*:

Dear Neighbor,

Thank you for looking out your window just in time to see my dirt-smudged, tow-headed little boy race past your house with bare feet, yelling at the top of his lungs, and chasing two other equally dirty, tow-headed boys toting Nerf semi-automatic weapons. You were quite right to come knocking on my door to alert me. It was a disturbing sight.

Especially since we both know it wasn’t the first time.


*You know the kind: she hands out special, personalized goodie bags to my children at Halloween, bakes at Christmas, waves while getting the mail, and doesn’t mind when the kids use her driveway as a skateboard ramp…with her car parked right in the middle of it.
blog comments powered by Disqus